this week's hot headlines
Montrose's rad new retro pizzeria and our go-to sandwich list lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Dynamic duo behind Nobie's open Montrose pizzeria with 'crushable' pies and retro video games. “We’re not trying to reinvent the wheel. Just a good a version of something you’ve had before,” chef-owner Martin Stayer says.
2. Where to eat now: Houston's 12 best new restaurants serving stellar sandwiches. These restaurants are demonstrating that Houston is becoming a sandwich town.
3. Bathing beauties, stunning sandcastles, and more Texas travel tidbits for August. Our travel guide covers a range of options, including Galveston, the Hill Country, and the Metroplex.
4. Talented Houston-area chef wins top spot on Chopped with exquisitely crafted Indian fare. His camel milk rabri with candied squash and gooseberries pushed him over the top.
5. Houston Texans draft Bun B's smash hit Trill Burgers for 2023 NRG Stadium home games. Both beef and vegan burgers will be available at four stands inside the stadium.