Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Artisanal popsicle purveyor suddenly closes all Houston locations. Steel City Pops shuttered 11 stores across the south, including all of its Houston locations.
2. Beloved bagel shop and deli expands with a massive second location in Bellaire. The partners behind New York Deli & Coffee Shop have purchased a building in Bellaire that will serve as a catering kitchen, a kosher-certified bagel bakery, and an expanded location of the popular diner.
3. Bizarre details of Houston 'honor killings' revealed in new Dateline episode. The show examines the case of Gelareh Bagherzade, an Iranian woman whose death attracted national attention.
4. Veteran Houston restaurateur uncorks affordable new East End wine bar. Mike Sammons, a co-owner of establishments such as 13 Celsius and Montrose versus Cobra, has gone out on his own to open a new wine bar dubbed How to Survive on Land and Sea.
5. Historic Houston barbecue restaurant gets saucy with visionary new owner. Pizzitola's Bar-B-Cue has a new owner with a clear vision for improving the historic restaurant.