This Week's Hot Headlines
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Anthony Bourdain dispels Houston stereotypes, adds some surprises, in Parts Unknown episode. Over the course of an hour, the writer and television host took his viewers to Houston's Parts Unknown by looking at the immigrants who have made the city home over the last 40 years.
2. The 44 most exciting Houston-area restaurants opening before Super Bowl LI. Last week's most popular story sticks around for one more week.
3. The 9 best new outdoor restaurant patios to enjoy fall's cooler temps in Houston. Highlights of the list include the two-story patio at Le Colonial in River Oaks District and the sprawling backyard at Kirby Ice House.
4. Anthony Bourdain calls Houston "wonderland of the strange and diverse" in Parts Unknown preview. Two clips from the episode previewed the Bollywood-style dance party at Keemat Grocers and the dinner at Plant It Forward farms in Montrose.
5. Shake Shack sets Houston opening date, with some "only in Texas" menu items. The New York-based global burger phenomenon opened its first Houston location on Friday.