This Week's Hot Headlines
Chris Shepherd's new restaurant and Stylemakers finalists top this week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Chris Shepherd's ambitious new restaurant will change concept every year for five years. Located in the former home of Mark's American Cuisine, One Fifth will open in January as a steakhouse.
2. Free cheeseburgers: Ronnie Killen makes amends with plan to give away 3,000 pounds of meat. The acclaimed chef expects to give away as many as 4,500 cheeseburgers during the event.
3. Houston's top Stylemakers: Finalists offer advice on fab fashion and worst trends. Vote for your favorite between now and October 19.
4. Downtown's newest restaurant specializes in Mexico City style tacos and more. La Calle adds to the thriving mix of bars and restaurants need Market Square.
5. Houston pizzeria adds Detroit-style pies with more toppings and thicker, cheesier crust. The deep dish pies preview the next location of Pizaro's that will serve both Detroit and New York-style pizzas.