Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston bar stars unveil highly anticipated new Midtown hot spot. When it opens later this month, Two Headed Dog will channel the spirit of "grandpa's pool hall."
2. Pappas Restaurants pops up exciting new affordable seafood concept. Pappas Shrimp Shack is only a pop-up for now, but if diners respond favorably, the company could decide to give it a permanent home.
3. Innovative Houston eatery lands on national best restaurants list. Add Eater to Indigo's list of fans. The website named chef Jonny Rhodes' 13-seat concept to its list of America's best new restaurants.
4. Here are the top 7 things to do in Houston this weekend. An outdoor market at Sawyer Yards and a book signing by legendary Houston news anchor Dave Ward lead our picks for this weekend's top events.
5. Legendary Houston defense attorney's sprawling Texas ranch offered at $1.2 million. Dick DeGuerin's 40-acre parcel comes with two lakes, live oak trees, and riding paths.