This week's hot headlines
It's been a busy week for hot headlines. Read on for this week's most popular stories on CultureMap.
1. Bryan Caswell reveals plans for new restaurant and rooftop bar in downtown Houston. The chef/owner of such restaurants as Reef, El Real, and Little Bigs made big news on CultureMap food editor Eric’s Sandler’s podcast, “What’s Eric Eating,” announcing that he’ll launch Oxbow 7 in July.
2. Surprise! Acclaimed sommelier suddenly departs Greek restaurant he helped found. Sommelier Evan Turner said goodbye to Helen Greek Food & Wine after helping put the James Beard-nominated restaurant on the map.
3. River Oaks home of legendary heart surgeon is on the market for nearly $4.5 million. The late Dr. Denton Cooley's River Oaks mansion has been listed for sale.
4. Ronnie Killen taps veteran chef to lead acclaimed Pearland steakhouse. Steve Haug, formerly of Peska, joins the team at Killen’s Steakhouse.
5. Guests cheer on Derby winner for a good cause at inaugural Hats, Hearts and Horseshoes party. It was off to the races as Houstonians gathered in the name of local charity Bo’s Place while celebrating the Kentucky Derby.