This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Brooklyn-based ice cream shop opens first Houston location this weekend with 2 tastes Texans love. Van Leeuwen sets itself apart by offering almost as many vegan ice creams as it does traditional dairy flavors.
2. Houston highway named second-most dangerous in U.S. by new report. Basically, we'd all be better off by not driving to Dallas.
3. Houston crowned best BBQ city in America in surprising new survey. Fun fact: Houston has more than 160 barbecue joints.
4. Epic San Diego wing restaurant flies into Houston with new locations. Another California restaurant sees opportunity in the Bayou City.
5. 5 reasons why ballin' rap superstar 50 Cent moved to Houston. We don't actually know why the famous rapper moved to H-Town, but that didn't stop us from guessing.