This Week's Hot Headlines
Samantha's Brown Houston visit and Hugo Ortega's big win top this week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. TV travel star finds lots of Places to Love in Houston while filming new series here. Samantha Brown dined with Hugo Ortega, drank some beer at Saint Arnold, and rocked out with the Suffers during the filming of a Houston-based episode of her new PBS series, Places to Love.
2. Sneak peek: Better Luck Tomorrow sets itself apart as a casual cocktail and dining destination. Bobby Heugel and Justin Yu's eagerly anticipated new bar made its debut this week.
3. Sixth time's the charm: Hugo Ortega wins James Beard Award as Best Chef Southwest. The chef-owner of Hugo's, Backstreet Cafe, Caracol, and Xochi becomes the third Houston chef in the last four years to win the prestigious award.
4. Sneak peek: German beer garden gets a modern Houston update with ultimate outdoor space. When it opens on May 8, the new King's BierHaus will give its customers the opportunity to sample the world's best beer in a lush garden environment.
5. Big Bucks City: Houston has more millionaire CEOs than almost any place in the world. A new study finds that .8 percent of the city's population consists of millionaire CEOs.