Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Beloved Bellaire burger restaurant reborn after 2-year closure. The new owner is committed to recreating the restaurant's burgers "just the way it was" for so many years.
2. New smokehouse fires up BBQ and blues music in Sugar Land's hottest destination. Barbecue and the blues: two great tastes that taste great together.
3. Montrose's hottest sushi restaurant unrolls intimate new omakase space. Uchi will put its spin on the omakase counter trend.
4. Houston's newest amusement park thunders back for big opening after delay. The park and all attractions will be open on weekends from 11 am–7 pm, then 11 am-7 pm weekdays beginning May 30.
5. 2 Houston high schools lead the report card among best in U.S. for 2022. Each year, U.S. News evaluates high schools on six factors: college readiness, reading and math proficiency, reading and math performance, underserved student performance, college curriculum breadth, and graduation rates.