Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Downtown Houston's tallest residential high-rise tower finally breaks ground. The 46-floor, luxury for-rent high-rise features 373 residences and is located on the site of the former Houston Chronicle parking garage.
2. Ambitious new River Oaks spot serves up 5 concepts, including cigar bar and wine cafe. When it opens this summer, Five Central will be home to a cigar bar, two restaurants, a jazz cafe, and a cocktail lounge.
3. Houston's best bagel shop boils up fresh new menu and name. Avocado is definitely coming to the newly-renamed New York Deli and Coffee Shop, but the cafe's new partner wants to keep things mostly the same.
4. Houstonians can waste away at upcoming Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville resort. The Valhalla of all things Jimmy Buffett and beach bums will take over the current La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa at Lake Conroe in late 2020.
5. United takes off with new nonstop flights from Houston to island paradise. The flights will shorten travel times to both Turks & Caicos and the U.S. Virgin Islands.