This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. These are Houston's 6 best restaurants for 2018. Our Tastemaker Awards judges panel selected these six establishments as the finalists for Restaurant of the Year.
2. These 2 wealthy Houston communities rank among 100 richest in the country. No surprise to see Bellaire and West University Place rank among the country's 100 wealthiest communities, according to an analysis by Bloomberg.
3. Chris Shepherd reveals why he closed Underbelly, secret behind name of new restaurant. Chris Shepherd may have closed Underbelly, but the James Beard Award-winning chef's future is bright.
4. Heights wine lovers rejoice: Hot new cafe with lengthy happy hour opens next week. Arizona-based wine cafe Postino has set April 11 as its opening date at Heights Mercantile.
5. Tastemaker Awards winners revealed: Houston's best restaurant, chef, and more for 2018. A sold-out crowd of almost 1,000 people saw Xochi (Restaurant of the Year) and Chris Shepherd (Chef of the Year) take the top prizes in this year's CultureMap Tastemaker Awards.