This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Rumor no more: Ronnie Killen's new restaurant will be inside the Loop. "It's the best of what we do," Ronnie Killen says about his new restaurant, which will feature a menu built around comfort food.
2. These are Houston's 10 best restaurants for 2019. Our Tastemaker Awards restaurant of the year finalists include Riel, Nobie's, and State of Grace.
3. Meet the 10 chefs dominating Houston's dynamic dining scene. Our Tastemaker Awards chef of the year finalists included Hugo Ortega, Ryan Lachaine, and Bobby Matos.
4. Houston's best restaurant, chef, and more revealed at 2019 Tastemaker Awards. Nancy's Hustle and Kata Robata chef Hori-san took home the top prizes in this year's Tastemaker Awards.
5. Beloved Italian neighborhood spot returns with new name and NY-style pizza. Ben and Daniel Berg will put their spin on a classic neighborhood Italian restaurant at B.B. Italia, which replaces Carmelo's.