This Week's Hot Headlines
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Popular River Oaks Chinese restaurant plans to relocate nearby and expand to Post Oak. Cafe Ginger will open a new location next to Caracol in the Galleria-area this month and will relocate a little farther down West Gray in 2018.
2. Best gowns at the Houston Ballet Ball: A night of Enchantment brings out the glitz and glamour. The Houston Ballet Ball gave the Oscars a run for its money with a wide array of gorgeous gowns.
3. A surprise winner spices up Rodeo Best Bites culinary competition. Merlion on 4th, a Thai restaurant in Seabrook, took the top prize at this year's Rodeo Uncorked! Best Bites competition.
4. Eat and drink on the cheap: 12 can't-miss happy hour deals at new restaurants and fave haunts. Learn about happy hour deals on food and drinks at some of Houston's best new restaurants, including Xochi, Field & Tides, and Nobie's
5. Red hot red carpet: Best and worst gowns on Oscar's unbelievable night. In his Oscar fashion recap, CultureMap editor-in-chief Clifford Pugh praised stars like Moonlight's Janelle Monae and panned those who missed the mark, like model/cookbook author Chrissy Teigen.