Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 5 new Common Bond bakeries could be rising up in Houston by 2020. The bakery's owner has an ambitious plan to add locations in the Heights, Rice Village, Midtown, Springwoods Village, and downtown, owner George Joseph tells CultureMap.
2. Nancy Pelosi shows off shiny necklace from popular Houston designer during State of the Union. Stylish locals instantly recognized the piece by Houston designer Mariquita Masterson.
3. Houston Grand Opera named only North American finalist for best opera company in the world. Despite being forced to relocate to the George R. Brown Convention Center after Hurricane Harvey damaged the Wortham, HGO is once again recognized as one of the world's premier opera companies.
4. Houston barbecue king Ronnie Killen partners with pizza powerhouse in major move. Papa John's will sell a Killen's Barbecue brisket pizza from February 18 to March 31.
5. Virgin steers talk of high-speed trains between Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. The new company thinks high speed trains could make it easier to travel between Texas' largest cities.