This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Prepare for traffic as major downtown ramp will be permanently closed. Expect the 610 loop to become much more crowded now that the I-45 Gulf Freeway ramp to I-69/288 southbound has closed.
2. Finally! Acclaimed Brenham barbecue joint's Houston location sets opening date. With construction complete and a new staff trained, pitmaster Leonard Botello IV tells CultureMap "it was time to rip the band-aid off" by opening the Houston location of Truth Barbeque.
3. City of Houston announces updated trash pickup and recycling schedule after major delays. A lack of money and manpower have caused the City of Houston to shuffle its recycling pickup schedule.
4. Popular Memorial-area Italian spot temporarily shutters for major renovations. A year after buying Carmelo's, Berg Hospitality will be making major changes to update the building's interior and exterior.
5. Ken Hoffman digs up details on the nation's largest fruit tree sale, happening in Houston. Ken Hoffman may not have much luck growing fruit, but hundreds of Houstonians have purchased productive trees from Urban Harvest's annual sale.