Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Home goods retailer throws in the towel on 3 Houston stores. Bed Bath & Beyond will shutter stores in West Houston, Meyerland, and Cypress as part of a company-wide plan to improve performance.
2. Wildly popular downtown Creole restaurant sprouts up in Memorial. Slated to open this summer, the new Treebeard will be the restaurant's first location that serves dinner.
3. These affluent Houston suburbs cash in as the richest cities in Texas. A new list from data provider HomeSnacks ranks Bellaire and West U among the 10 richest places in Texas.
4. Veteran Houston baker heats up Memorial with New York-style bagel shop. Robert Orzo, better known as Bagel Bob, will bring New York-style street food to a new cafe on Dairy Ashford.
5. Veteran operator breathes new life into downtown’s first food hall. Pizza from Crisp and a tap wall curated by Beer Market Co. are part of the plans for Underground Hall, a new food hall that will open in the former Conservatory space downtown.