CultureMap Emails Are AwesomeGet Houston intel delivered daily.
We will not share or sell your email address.
this week's hot headlines
Midtown brunch favorite's big news and Stevie Nicks' bewitching announcement lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Popular Heights restaurant owners revive Midtown brunch favorite Weights + Measures with big purchase. The neighborhood is already noticing positive changes at the restaurant.
2. Rock legend Stevie Nicks extends bewitching tour with new Houston date. She's known for her inimitable fashion sense and sharp-edged yet sweet rock vocals.
3. Familiar food truck serving tacos, tortas, and refreshing snacks parks it at beloved Upper Kirby green space. It replaces Love Shack, the burger joint that closed last year.
4. National smoked chicken restaurant chain opens first Houston-area locale with soaring plans for more. We would never tell you to drive to Willis just for a chicken sandwich, but we wouldn't blame you if you did.
5. Legendary ranch resort outside Houston makes waves on the market with $15 million price tag. The resort had been in operation for over 17 years before the announcement of its closure.