The Well Groomed Man
Five skin care tips: How every Houston man can look younger
Men often work out for hours in the gym to look good, but they often overlook their skin. There sometimes think that just using after-shave is enough. But a host of new products, created specifically for men with masculine packaging, now make it very easy for them to enhance their look by embracing good skincare routines — just like women have been doing for many years.
And why not? As we are living and remaining in the workplace longer than ever, it just makes good sense to invest in one’s looks.
When Michele Probst recently was at Nordstrom to introduce her skin care line, Mënaji (pronounced men-ah-ghee), to Houston guys, we caught up with her to ask what men need to do to look younger in our climate.
1. Keep your skin well hydrated, especially after shaving. Pick up a good multi-purpose product to refresh your skin each morning and night. As one ages, it becomes increasingly important to get into a regular routine of nourishing your skin.
2. Exfoliate frequently to renew your face and body. Men’s skin is 20 percent thicker than a woman’s, so use a product that is specially designed for a man’s skin.
3. Tackle under-eye puffiness after a big night out by using an eye gel that is made with chamomile or aloe. And don’t rule out getting your unruly eyebrows shaped or waxed at a barber shop or local spa. Many routinely offer these services and this quick fix goes a long way in creating a more polished look.
4. To cover up signs of fatigue, consider applying a natural looking concealer to hide dark circles. This isn’t officially “makeup” and it will keep you from looking haggard with no one being the wiser.
5. Houston humidity can create annoying shiny faces for many men. Address this with an anti-shine product with a SPF. These come in several shades to match most complexions.