Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Robert Downey Jr. sings with Sting and absolutely kills it. Not that it’s a huge surprise that an actor can also sing, but this performance with Sting — well, just listen to the audio without the video and try and figure out who is singing which parts.
2. Deaf Seahawks fullback stars in commercial that will give you chills. The one-minute shot is about Derrick Coleman, who is the first legally deaf player in the NFL. The former UCLA back’s ad will hopefully inspire you (and me) to get off the couch, because “I don’t feel like it” just isn’t a very good excuse after this.
3. Five famous quotes with inspiring origins (that are total BS). This page might be handy to keep bookmarked while looking at Facebook or Twitter after the “Next Big Thing” happens.
4. Odds are you weren’t hanging out in the London Underground in the ’70s and ’80s. Unless, of course, you were. Either way, these pictures from photographer Bob Mazzer will put you right there. Biggest cultural shift evident from these pictures? No cellphones or tablets anywhere.
5. Watch this adorable little girl fight confusion when meeting her father’s twin for the first time. Come for the perfectly executed double takes; stay for the adorable fist bump at the end.