This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Acclaimed Chinese restaurant’s new Heights location opens with stunning design details and 'fantastic' menu. "There’s a Chinese saying that it takes 10 years to wield a great sword,” the owner tells CultureMap. “This restaurant is the sword that I took 10 years to wield.”
2. University of Houston debuts new ultramodern legal center named for fierce and legendary local lawyer. Students now have amenities such as a two-story library, meditation room, commuter showers with changing rooms, an outdoor terrace, and more.
3. River Oaks comfort food restaurant's big move brings new patio and more. A larger kitchen will allow the restaurant to accommodate more to-go business and expand its catering operation.
4. Houston's never-'klosing' restaurant's new Galleria location opens with deli faves, full bar, and NYC vibe. The new restaurant puts diners in a New York state of mind with globe lighting, white subway tiles, and black-and-white framed photographs of New York landmarks.
5. Wildly popular Great Wolf Lodge breaks ground on massive Houston-area indoor water park resort. The 27-acre destination will boast 532 rooms, a 95,000-square-foot indoor water park, and a 58,000-square-foot family entertainment center.