this week's hot headlines
Live-fire-loving LA chefs' hot new Heights restaurant leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Live-fire-loving LA chef duo opens Basque-style restaurant in the Heights. The two chefs are united by a common heritage as well as a shared culinary perspective.
2. Favorite Rice Village chocolate shop relocates and rebrands with coffee, treats, wine, and more. The new name pays homage to Becks Prime co-founder Win Campbell and his great-uncle Winfield.
3. 30 best New Year's Eve parties and events in Houston to toast 2024. Myriad spots around the city are ready to ring in the new year with chic, fun, cocktail-and-Champagne-fueled soirees..
4. Popular Houston brewery bakes up cool and colorful new pizza restaurant. The new restaurant will serve its neighborhood as well as visitors to the brewery's beer garden.
5. Ronnie Killen closes his Tex-Mex restaurant in Pearland. Some of the restaurant's most popular dishes will soon be available at the Pearland location of Killen’s Barbecue.