This Week's Hot Headlines
Surprising restaurant closing and Charming Charlie lead this week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Owner learns lessons as cocktail bar next to acclaimed restaurant also plans to shutter. Canard will close on December 31.
2. Ambitious, highly praised farm-to-table Thai restaurant shutters with chef's departure. Despite lots of media attention, Foreign Correspondents never built a big enough following.
3. Houston retailer bests Beyoncé on list of America's Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40. Charming Charlie founder Charlie Chanaratsopon has an estimated net worth of $450 million.
4. Where to Eat Right Now: 12 hot new restaurants to try in December. Last week's No. 2 ticks around for a second week.
5. Super Bowl LIVE lineup revealed: Free concerts with ZZ Top, Solange and a stomach-dropping thrill ride. The "Houston Pride" lineup features some of the city's best acts.