This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's hottest suburb reveals plans for game-changing boardwalk entertainment district. The mixed-use development will include the Katy area’s first full-service conference center hotel, entertainment concepts, luxury loft residences, and a 90-acre nature preserve.
2. Legendary Chinese barbecue restaurant returns with new home in Midtown. The family behind the shuttered Long Sing Supermarket has emerged with a new concept in the heart of Midtown.
3. Beloved Washington Avenue chicken fried steak joint serves up closing date. Hickory Hollow has set January 13 as its last day of service at the Washington Avenue location, but the restaurant's outpost in northwest Houston will continue serving its signature comfort food.
4. Shake Shack announces wildly anticipated Montrose opening date. Located next to Blacksmith on Westheimer, Houston now has a third every day outlet for Shack Burgers and frozen custard.
5. Where to drink in Houston right now: 9 best new bars of 2018. Patio bars may rule the Houston bar scene in 2018, but it's stylish cocktail lounge Miss Carousel that takes the top spot in our picks.