Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. The best and brightest Christmas light displays around Houston in 2019. Our picks mix elaborate commercial displays with neighborhoods that spread holiday cheer through endless streams of twinkling lights.
2. Celebrity-backed Houston barbecue restaurant flames out in CityCentre. High-profile owners and a talented local chef weren't enough to lure diners to International Smoke.
3. Hot Houston steakhouse bringing Middle Eastern flair to Rice Village with new modern Israeli restaurant. Hamsa will bring sophisticated flavors and a tree-shaded patio to Rice Village next summer.
4. Local favorite Nashville hot chicken truck fires up Heights brick-and-mortar restaurant. Mico's Hot Chicken has picked the former Balls Out Burger location on Durham Dr. for its permanent home.
5. Ken Hoffman reveals the best fish sandwich in Houston — named in his honor. Our columnist collaborated with the Bellaire location of The Union Kitchen to create an authentic, English-style fish sandwich.