Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Where to drink right now: 6 Houston bartenders reveal their favorite haunts. Bad News Bar, Lei Low, and 13 Celsius lead our bartenders' favorite places to hang out.
2. Glitzy new restaurant kisses River Oaks District with opening date. Newly opened Bisou aims to apply Clé's winning formula to an elegant restaurant.
3. Ken Hoffman's love letter to West University, America's No. 1 place to live. A small town feel with big city convenience helped West U top a ranking of "America's Best Cities to Live."
4. Top Houston restaurants offer sweet dining deals for early voters. Doing your civic duty has never tasted so good.
5. Houston university named No. 1 in Texas — and among best in U.S. Rice rises again in WalletHub's Best College & University Rankings for 2019.