October’s sunny and crisp days (approaching tropical storms notwithstanding) have inspired Houstonians to seek out ways to enjoy the outdoors. Perfect timing, then, for the award-winning Inner Loop fixture, Levy Park, which has resumed its highly popular exercise classes and park events.
Park management, in a statement, asks that attendees adhere to park rules for COVID safety. That includes not moving park furniture (as it has been placed in observance with social distancing guidelines); not using parks or trails if exhibiting symptoms; following CDC guidance on handwashing, face coverings, the recommended size of social gatherings, and minimum recommended social distancing; and following all direction from park personnel and program instructors.
While the children’s park and water feature remain closed, the Woodshed Smokehouse remains open seven days a week, from 11 am-close. Visitors can also head to the Love Shack Fridays from 4 pm–close and Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am–close.
Here is a breakdown of the October fun. For a full schedule, visit Levy Park online.
- Four Dragons Tai Chi: 9 am on Thursdays
- Bollywood/Bhangra Dancing: 10 am on Saturdays
- Zumba by Tiny Fitness: 9 am on Sundays
- H.I.I.T by The Preserve Gym: 7 pm on Tuesdays (starting October 6)
- Body Barre by Define: 6 pm on Wednesdays (starting October 7)
- Public Piano Play: noon to 6 pm on Fridays
- Sunday Drum Jam: 3:30–5 pm Sunday, October 11
- Houston Center of Photography Workshop: Symbolic Self-Portrait , 9 am Saturday, October 17
- Young Audiences of Houston performances, 1 pm on Saturdays
- Prelude Concert Series, 4:30–5:15 pm on Saturdays (beginning October 17)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Venomous vs. Poisonous, 2–4 pm on Saturday, October 24