It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Sexy new TV power couple dive into Houston Life from Galleria studio. Derrick Shore and Jennifer Broome get ready for the launch of Houston Life, KPRC Channel 2's dive into local lifestyle programming.
2. H-Town is Paradise City for Guns N' Roses, but the night belongs to Slash. Nearly 30 years after the iconic band's album Appetite for Destruction debuted, their music still resonates.
3. Sneak peek: New barbecue joint and neighborhood ice house link up for a winning combination. In addition to opening a new barbecue restaurant, The Pit Room owner Michael Sambrooks recently purchased neighboring property Jackson’s Watering Hole, which will result in a symbiotic relationship for fans of the neighborhood ice house.
4. Upscale bowling alley in CityCentre scores as nightlife entertainment destination. Meet Bowl & Barrel, an upscale bowling concept from Dallas-based restaurant group FreeRange Concepts that brings Top Golf-style glitz to a pastime that’s faded in popularity over the years.
5. Heights cocktail bar embraces 2016's coolest drink trend: Are you ready for frosé? Canard has only offered the concoction for a few days, but it's been the bar's best-selling cocktail since it hit the menu.