This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's top 10 patio bars: Our definitive ranking of the hottest outdoor party spots. CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler ranks Houston's top patio bars. Does your favorite make his list?
2. 6 quaint Texas towns for an easy weekend escape from the Houston hustle. City life is great, but nothing beats the charm of small town Texas.
3. Once-in-a-lifetime Houston exhibit offers rare glimpse inside the Sistine Chapel. Consider this your chance to take in a piece of art history without angry guards barking orders at you, in air-conditioned serenity.
4. First taste of Nobu: Does Houston's new sushi hot spot live up to the hype? The food is solid, but it's the overall experience that sets Nobu apart from other restaurants.
5. 11 things to know in Houston food right now: openings, closings, and how to beat the summer heat. Our food news roundup included items about Richard Knight's departure from Harold's, the closure of Brooklyn Athletic Club, and new ice cream at Pondicheri.