This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Ken Hoffman on the surprise community named best place to live in the Houston area. Our columnist's beloved winter home in West University Place fell behind places like Cinco Ranch and The Woodlands in the new rankings.
2. UT Austin researchers unlock potential COVID-19 treatment in unexpected source. Antibodies from a llama named Winter could be the key to fighting COVID-19.
3. U.S. Navy Blue Angels to fly over Houston in tribute to healthcare workers. If the flyover didn't fill your social media feed, you probably don't live in Houston.
4. New drive-in theater revs up movie-watching fun at Sawyer Yards. The pop-up theater will screen classics like Grease and The Princess Bride.
5. Houston scores 4 prestigious James Beard Award nominations. Trong Nguyen and Anita Jaisinghani are two of the finalists for the first-ever Best Chef: Texas award.