this week's hot headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. This is the salary you need to afford rent in Houston right now. How much does it take to afford to live in Houston? Surprisingly less than elsewhere in Texas according to a new report on rental affordability.
2. In-N-Out Burger reveals highly anticipated third Houston location. The popular Californian West Coast change has announced yet another location for a north Houston outpost.
3. Dallas-based sandwich shop shutters Montrose outpost, but downtown plans still on track. Montrose diners will have to find a new place to get a lobster roll, as East Hampton Sandwich Co. has closed its location.
4. Fancy French-themed bar suddenly shutters in Montrose. Chic Montrose spot Bar Victor, which brought a little joie de vivre to the neighborhood, has announced its closure.
5. Houston-area mansion boasting lush lazy river offered at $2.5 million. This Crosby manse boasts an over-the-top, backyard mini water resort with a lazy river as the main attraction.