This Week's Hot Headlines
Surprising restaurant shutter and Joe Biden in The Heights lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Massive Clear Lake restaurant and whiskey bar suddenly shutters. Cullen's closed Monday night and will become a medical facility.
2. Joe and Jill Biden pick the perfect day for an outdoor brunch in Houston. In town to cheer on their alma maters at the Final Four, the Vice President and his wife stopped for brunch at Down House.
3. Southern restaurant in historic Heights space transforms market into neighborhood bar. Harold's will feature craft beer and keg wines in its new tap room.
4. The Galleria moves on up with major expansion: Luxury high-rise hotel and condos planned. The 30-story hotel and apartment tower will open in late 2019 or early 2020.
5. Miranda Lambert steps out at ACM Awards in Houstonian's sharp-shootin' stilettos. The country music superstar rocked shoes by Houston designer Joyce Echols.