Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Heights joint devoted to NY-style burgers suddenly shutters. Balls Out Burger may have closed, but the property's prime location means it won't stay empty for long.
2. Houston's first rooftop cinema reveals totally awesome new lineup full of '80s classics and singalong hits. Houston’s Rooftop Cinema's May lineup features movies such as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Ghostbusters, and Dirty Dancing.
3. 13 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and an epic burger battle. Our news roundup includes: Beef N Bun's closure; Plucker's arrival in Minute Maid Park; and two different ways to support the Rescued Pets Movement.
4. Where to drink now: Introducing 3 of Houston's freshest new breweries. Get to know True Anomaly Brewing Company, Astral Brewing, and Walknig Stick Brewing Company.
5. 21 best April events no savvy Houston socialite should miss. Savvy partygoers can look forward to good-hearted luncheons, ultra-chic galas, hip, young professional happenings, and more.