This Week's Hot Headlines
Sudden food hall pizza shutter and new Montrose bar lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Downtown Houston food hall's 'nice' pizza joint suddenly shutters. Finn Hall has lost its first tenant, but don't expect the food hall's pizza vendor to stay empty for long.
2. Acclaimed chef returns to Montrose with new patio bar as fire-damaged Heights restaurant shutters. Chef Adam Dorris will open Lotti Dotti in the former Brooklyn Athletic Club space, but his Heights restaurant Presidio will not reopen.
3. Houston's 9 favorite burgers to sink your teeth into. We asked our Tastemaker Awards judges where their favorite places are to get a burger.
4. Houston burger spot's new location rolls up with record-breaking opening crowd. Missouri City residents are so exciting about their new Bernie's Burger Bus that they set one-day sales records on two consecutive days.
5. Galveston beach getaway stars in popular travel show's latest episode. The Galveston episode of Vacation Rental Potential follows the Poole family's search for a property that will provide enough space for five children and 13 grandchildren.