This Week's Hot Headlines
Hot bakery's new owners, top restaurants and guns in grocery stores lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston restaurant king buys city's best bakery with promise of love and attention. After losing its founding chef, top bakery Common Bond was recently purchased by one of the city's hottest restaurateurs.
2. Houston's Best New Restaurants of 2015: Top choice really has the Goods. Food Editor Eric Sandler has the scoop on the most significant restaurant openings from the past year, from Southern-inspired eats to upscale steakhouse fare.
3. Guns in the grocery store? Where you can — and can't — openly carry a pistol in Houston. Find out what the the state's new "open carry" law — which went into effect on January 1 — means at local establishments.
4. Rumor no more: Shake Shack confirms it's coming to Houston later this year. The New York-based burger chain affirms the rumor that's been going around for awhile.
5. 10 best movies of 2015 tell powerful stories with popular appeal. Film aficionado Alex Bentley breaks down the 10 best movies from last year, from a kid-friendly Pixar flick to the latest Star Wars movie.