this week's hot headlines
Big ZZ Top-Willie Nelson concert plus our favorite new restaurants lead week's top stories
Editor's note:It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston rock giants ZZ Top and Texas legend Willie Nelson team up for concert at iconic Hill Country venue. Willie will celebrate his 90th birthday a few weeks after the performances.
2. These are our favorite new Houston restaurants of 2022. From smash burgers to swordfish au poivre, this year has been a good one for new restaurants.
3. New Puppy Food Bank launches to support 'no kill' pet rescues in Texas. The virtual pet food bank works with "pet food distributors to ship pet food directly to shelters, organizations, and approved fosters."
4. Buzzy, wine-fueled restaurant uncorks second Houston-area locale in The Woodlands. The restaurant and wine bar will open next month in the former Jasper's space.
5. Houston's nationally acclaimed Viet-Cajun restaurant opens new location in Farmers Market. The restaurant's opening furthers the goal of turning the market into a food lover's paradise.