This Week's Hot Headlines
What makes Houstonians proud, best new patios and great first date spots lead the week's top stories
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. 19 things that make every Houstonian proud. See if you agree with Lawnstarter's list of the top things that make locals proud of their city, ranging from culturally-charged locales to pop idols.
2. Enjoy Houston's great outdoors: 10 wonderful new restaurant and bar patios. Check out our list of the best new spots where you can eat outside while enjoying the fall weather.
3. Double whammy forces neighborhood restaurant to close after six-year run. Find out why one popular American eatery in Spring Branch has closed its doors after sustaining for more than half a decade.
4. Where to meet on a first date: 10 great dining and bar options that guarantee a good start. Take the fear out of first dates with CultureMap's list of the best date spots and get some good advice, too.
5. Anthony Bourdain reveals plans for "weird" Houston episode and why Tex-Mex food is only good when you're drunk. See what food editor Eric Sandler discussed — including details on an upcoming episode of Parts Unknown about Houston — with star Anthony Bourdain on his recent visit to the city.