Houstonians have no shortage of wellness and pampering options, but those willing to travel for indulgence can look forward to a new wellness spa-amusement park. WorldSprings, a nine-acre outdoor mineral springs experience, will debut in Dallas in spring 2024.
According to a release, it will be WorldSprings' first location in Texas and the largest experience of its kind in the country.
"With pools inspired by the most famous hot springs from around the world, guests can explore WorldSprings’ 45 outdoor soaking pools including cold-plunge pools, Finnish saunas, and a spa which will include wellness therapies as well as a cafe and bar," says the release.
Specific highlights of the experience will include:
- The Family Pool, the Dead Sea Float Pool and South Pacific Region mineral pools for all ages
- The Asiatic, European, and Americas region mineral pools for those 18 years old and up
- More pools, with temperatures that range from warm to hot and from cool to ice cold
- The Spa, with a menu of body treatments and massages
- The Sanctuary, offering sound baths and yoga, breathwork, and guided meditation classes
- Aqua classes, including Aqua Aerobics, Aqua Sculpt, Aqua Yoga and Aqua Float
- Performance-enhancing treatments including cryotherapy, hyperbaric chambers, and compression therapy
- WorldSprings Café, from which guests can order food and drinks poolside with their smartphones and pay with a wristband
There'll be adults-only pools and family-friendly pools.Rendering courtesy of WorldSprings
The wellness offerings were created by WorldSprings' in-house functional medicine practitioner, Dr. Sara Gottfried, the release says.
Of course, there are not actual hot springs located beneath Grandscape. Each pool will be "meticulously crafted to mirror the mineral content of legendary springs from around the world," explains WorldSprings.
Memberships and three-hour passes will be available, "priced for all to enjoy as a weekly ritual for well-being," they say, although pricing has not yet been disclosed. A limited number of discounted Founding Memberships will be available starting early next year.
”Our ambition is that WorldSprings will democratize wellness by opening locations throughout the country,” says Rob Kramer, managing partner of WorldSprings' owner Off Road Capital, in the release.
The Dallas-area park follows locations in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, and a similar concept in La Verkin, Utah, near Zion National Park.
The pools will range from steaming hot to ice cold. WorldSprings/Facebook
Anticipated opening date is March 2024.
WorldSprings Grandscape will be at 3240 Plano Pkwy., The Colony, joining the booming 433-acre center that includes not only shopping and dining but an escape room, immersive entertainment venue, amphitheater, and more.
"Bringing WorldSprings to this ideal location is a remarkable milestone,” says Justin Foley, general manager of the upcoming Grandscape location, in the release. “As general manager, I'm honored and excited to be a part of such an amazing community and to unveil an exclusive outdoor mineral springs experience – a first of its kind destination in Texas."