this week's hot headlines
Gigantic 50-foot shark's jaw-dropping debut tears into Houston's top stories of the week
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Gigantic 50-foot shark dives into Houston museum for jaw-dropping new showcase of Earth's greatest predator. Visitors can meet these fin-tastic friends via a 360-square-foot virtual “shark tank,” where sharks of all shapes and sizes swim by.
2. Esquire toasts Heights watering hole as only Texas spot on 2023's Best Bars in America list. The bar takes its inspiration from classic dives like Alice's Tall Texan and the Shiloh Club.
3. Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo makes history with election of first female chairman of the board. She takes over for departing chairman Brady Carruth..
4. Houston Tex-Mex institution serves up opening date for long-awaited West University location. It joins sister concept Adair Kitchen in the Kroger-anchored shopping center.
5. This is how big Houston apartments get for $1,500 a month. If you head to neighboring Pasadena, residents get an average of 1,180 square feet of space for the same price.