Making a Marq
New pizza and poke restaurants set to open at bustling Spring Branch destination
Restaurants devoted to pizza and poke are coming to a popular Spring Branch shopping center. The new arrivals are among the latest additions at the MarqE Entertainment Center, the eating, entertainment, and retail destination located just outside the loop at 7620 Katy Freeway.
- Aviator Pizza & Drafthouse, an Austin-based pizzeria known for its from scratch pizzas and extensive craft beer offerings
- SeaSide Poke, the Houston-based raw fish restaurant with locations in EaDo and downtown’s Understory food court.
It will be Aviator’s first Houston location, joining five in the greater Austin area. The restaurant is known for the rosemary-infused oil that’s added to each pizza prior to baking. Its menu also includes an extensive selection of sandwiches and salads. Pair them with a drink from a roster of more than 50 Texas beers and wines.
SeaSide distinguishes itself from other, similar restaurants by using sustainably sourced seafood that’s matched with ingredients from local farms. Choices include Salmon Ponzu bowl with salmon, ponzu, orange, edamame, and garlic, and a Spicy Tuna bowl with puffed rice.
The development also announced three new retail tenants, including:
- Sloomoo Institute, an experiential destination devoted to artisanal slime
- Immersive Gamebox, a venue devoted to group-based games
- Glownar Aesthetics, a distributor that sells salon and spa aesthetic equipment to professional skincare facilities.
These new businesses join a bustling center that’s anchored by a 23-screen Regal Cinemas movie theater that underwent a series of upgrades beginning in 2022. The property is home to a number of restaurants, including Common Bond On-The-Go, Maine-ly Sandwiches, Warehouse 72, and Big City Wings.
“We will continue to seek new experiences to bring to MarqE throughout our on-going renovations that enhance our surrounding communities and the greater city of Houston,” Sasha Levine, vice president for MarqE owner Levcor, said in a statement. “Paired with the completion of the renovation of Regal Edwards, MarqE continues to be an accessible hub for all things entertainment.”