Coming Soon: Kata Robata, Sprinkles, Tasti D-Lite
May 14, 2009 | 12:42 pm
- Hue replacement Kata Robata has opened, helmed again by the Azuma guys, with a similar interior and a more Japanese-focused menu—goodbye, vermicelli; hello sushi, bento boxes and grilled entrees.
- Joining Kata Robata in the Richmond and Kirby center is Dessert Gallery, which will make the move any day now.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes, the L.A. confectionary that has a rabid following (I’ve heard of two-hour waits at the Dallas location) has postponed its move into Highland Village until fall.
- Another new dessert option in town: NYC staple Tasti D-lite, a frozen treat known for being ridiculously low-cal (as little as 17.5 calories per once!), opening in the Galleria in June.
- Through the end of May, Landry’s Restuarants are offering various prix fixe menus on Sunday through Thursday—including $20 for 3 courses at Babin Seafood, $40 for four courses at Pesce and $45 for a trio at Vic & Anthony’s. To get the deal print the menus here and bring them in.