Modelo mixes up a darling cocktail just in time for Valentine's Day
If love is in the air, then be sure to also put something you love in your cup. The warm, welcoming flavors of maple and pumpkin spice get an amorous kick with blood orange, bourbon, and Modelo Especial.
With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, Modelo Especial has crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.
Here's how to mix up this "beer-tail" for your special someone:
O' My Darling
- 3 oz. Modelo Especial
- 2 oz. small-batch bourbon
- 3⁄4 oz. blood orange gastrique*
- 1⁄4 oz. smoked maple syrup
- 1⁄4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes pumpkin spice bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- *To make the gastrique: Melt 3/4 quart sugar in a medium pan. Juice 12 blood oranges and add to pan, bringing to a simmer. Add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and reduce.
- Combine the whiskey, syrup, lemon juice, blood orange gastrique, and bitters into a shaker.
- Fill half with ice and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass and top with Modelo Especial.
- Garnish with orange peel.
To see all of Modelo's original beer cocktails and authentic food recipes, by filtering your preferences here. Be sure to enjoy responsibly.
Drink responsibly. Modelo Especial and Modelo Negra Beers. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL.