January brings resolutions, positive affirmations, and some serious shopping. First up: the SALE, an annual two-day shopping event presented by Houston Tri Delta Philanthropies, Inc., the fundraising arm of the Houston Tri Delta Alumnae Chapter.
Due to the pandemic, the SALE’s in-person shopping event has been cancelled but Houstonians can still “shop to cure childhood cancer” through participating retailers and markets this Friday through Sunday.
Announced on the SALE’s Facebook page last November regarding the canceled in-person event, they write that their resolve to continue their mission has never been stronger. This year’s beneficiary is Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers. Through underwriting dollars and ticket sales, the SALE has raised more than $1.2 million to fund pediatric cancer research since its inception in 2015.
This year’s participating boutiques are offering dramatic discounts and after a rough start to 2021, there’s nothing more heartwarming than giving back. This weekend, look to Houston’s hottest apparel, accessories, jewelry, and home decor boutiques. Masks are required while shopping and don’t forget to mention “the SALE” while shopping.
Memorial West Club Pop Up, 700 N. Kirkwood Rd.
- Jewelry designer Mirta Tummino will showcase her handcrafted, one-of-a-kind gemstone jewelry while Hemline City Centre and Hemline Heights offer up to 80 percent off merchandise.
Friday and Saturday
Back Row Home Pop Up, 8750 Katy Freeway #111
- Shop French and American antique furniture and accessories from Back Row Home; contemporary fine jewelry from M.u.s.e Collection with 25 - 50 percent off; and women’s apparel from Cottage288 and Tutu and Lilli. Enjoy 50 to 75 percent off everything from Cottage288.
- Cheeky Vintage, 2134 Richmond Ave.
French Cuff Boutique
- Bellaire, 4048 Bellaire Blvd.
- Woodway, 6401 Woodway Dr., #127
- Town and Country, 791 Town & Country Blvd., #144
- Lake Woodlands, 1901 Lake Woodlands Dr., #150
- Frock Shop, 9055 Gaylord
- hila Designs, 2609 Greenbriar Dr.
- J. Landa Jewelry, 3264 Westheimer
- Leslie and Co. Ladies Store, 1415 S. Voss Rd., #115
- Lewis Jewelers, 1141 Uptown Park Blvd.
- Maidas Belts and Buckles, 5727 Westheimer Rd.
- Marye-Kelley, 1740 Westheimer Rd., #100
- Memorial Designs, 1010 Campbell Rd.
- Raintree Boutique, 5161 San Felipe #170
- Swoon & The Monogram Shop, 5886 San Felipe St.
- Tenenbaum Jewelers, 4310 Westheimer Rd., Suite 100
Saturday, January 9
Eastside Pop Up Shopping Market, 3414 Eastside St.
- Located in the Très Chic parking lot, more than a dozen of Houston’s boutiques, including Alchemia, Andrea Montgomery, Christina Greene Jewelry, Frock Shop, MIRTH, Pomp & Circumstance, Raintree Boutique, Très Chic, and more are coming together for a free outdoor market. Complimentary parking is available in the Dress for Success parking lot.
- Memorial’s beloved home decor and furnishings shop, Weidner Hasou & Co. (12649 Memorial Dr., Suite B) is offering 20 percent off all in-stock items from 10 am to 5 pm. Select items will also be marked down and they will match donations collected from shoppers.
Boutique by Maryam, online only
- Enjoy 40 percent off with code THESALE40
Mighty Aphrodity Pop Up, 3005 West Loop South, Suite 144
- Shop Mighty Aphrodity and jewelry from Gris by Allison Hall
- City Centre, 795 Town & Country Blvd.
- Heights, 1533 N. Shepherd, Suite 110
- City Centre, 816 Town & Country Blvd., #131
- Highland Village, 2701 Drexel Dr.
- Magpies Gifts, 5000 Bellaire Blvd.
- Paisley House, 2420 Washington Ave.
- Saint Lo, 714 Yale St.
- Two Tequila Sisters, 2431 Rice Blvd.
- Woody’s Furs, 2050 Post Oak Blvd.