Where's Kanye's spinoff?
Taylor Swift & Sarah Palin team up to save the (comic book) world
Will Taylor Swift survive the infamous upstaging by Kanye West at MTV's Video Music Awards? Find out in her next comic book.
Bluewater Productions Inc., an independent production company that makes comics and the like for young adults, is creating a Taylor Swift comic book as part of its series called Fame. The Fame series fictionally tells the biographies of relevant people in pop-culture.
The series began with a biography of Lady Gaga, which has sold out and is into its second printing. This is a needed boost for the comic book industry , which experienced an eight-percent gain in sales for May compared to last year during the same month.
Fame: Lady Gaga was reviewed by the New York Times Magazine. The story follows a Gaga fan who becomes a stalker. The stalker is a journalist and he learns and obsesses about Lady Gaga's life. OK, it's a little out there.
Bluewater specializes in creating works for young adults, which makes sense since all of the people in the Fame series seem like they would be plastered all over a young girl's wall. Robert Pattinson and Lady Gaga's comics are out now, and Taylor Swift, Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart, and David Beckham will follow in the coming months. 50 Cent is getting a Fame comic too.
Bluewater saw unexpected success from their Female Force line of comics that profiled successful American women like Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin.
With all these celebrities getting comics, Fame could obviously use some help on its sometimes off-the-wall, "creative" storylines. No worries, CultureMap is here to provide some sure bestsellers:
1) Taylor Swift is actually a Benjamin Button. She's an 80-year-old in a young, blonde girl's body. This is why her songs hypnotize everyone from adults to kids.
2) Robert Pattinson explodes on stage at a mall and admits he hates Twilight just like every other adult. Afterward, he must attempt to get back to his car by avoiding a host of tweens who want to rip him to shreds. In other words, just another day in his life.
3) Lady Gaga confesses to being a man. We find out she was actually created out of Elton John's rib.
4) Kristen Stewart reveals she's a lesbian and that she's just been contracted to be Pattinson's beard until the entire Twilight phenomena dies down.
5) Sarah Palin is a secret agent who was sent over by the Russians to attempt to become president of the U.S. Her trustworthy Todd snowmobiles her everywhere and she kills anything that moves along her way, including the Republican party.
Bonus: Kanye's deserves a separate spinoff story arch on his Hennessy binge before the MTV awards.