this week's hot headlines
Tilman Fertitta's response to River Oaks restaurant rumors leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Tilman Fertitta finally confirms plans to relocate iconic River Oaks restaurant to Montrose. The restaurant will join Katami and Verde Garden in the Harlow District on West Dallas.
2. Reliable River Oaks staple plans new Memorial-area restaurant with all the relish and twice the size. Plans for the new location include more booth seating, a dedicated oyster bar, and a chef's table.
3. Landmark Rice Village restaurant readies to relocate — but thankfully, not too far. In the run up to the move, Prego is inviting diners to share their memories of meals at the restaurant.
4. Houston surprisingly plummets in prestigious list of best cities in the world. "Austin may get the attention, but the promise of the Lone Star State drawing Californians and New Yorkers is quietly being fulfilled in Houston," the report said.
5. Astros fan favorite Lance McCullers, Jr. opens 2nd coffee and cocktails spot, with 2 more on the way. The first location is now open at Toyota Center.