this week's hot headlines
J.J. Watt's posh private party at Ben Berg's elite eatery leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. J.J. Watt, wife Kealia, and his family and friends ring it in at Ben Berg's swanky supper club. For the big bash, Berg and company crafted a special — and beefy — steak-stacked menu.
2. Houston’s oldest craft brewery taps new chef for its buzzy beer garden and restaurant. He’s the culinary mind behind Saint Arnold’s recent Doughnut Sunday offerings .
3. Massive new restaurant and wine bar uncorks bustling Barcelona vibes in Montrose. The wide-ranging menu gets paired with over 400 wines by-the-bottle — more than 40 of which are available by-the-glass.
4. Alex Bregman drops Breggy Bomb and epic blast as Astros clinch 6th Al West title. The Astros have won the AL West the last three consecutive seasons (2017-19, 2021-23) in six overall division titles.
5. Depeche Mode leaves dramatic Memento at Toyota Center — and Houston just can't get enough. "The magic of Depeche Mode lives on," our reviewer opines.