this week's hot headlines
Dave Chappelle, Houston's history-making James Beard Award winner, and Trill Burgers lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Dave Chappelle heads to Houston as part of 4 Texas arena stops. Expect a full house when the talented comedian takes the stage at Toyota Center.
2. Talented Houstonian wins James Beard Award for Best Chef: Texas. She's only the fifth Houstonian to earn a regional chef award, joining Robert Del Grande, Chris Shepherd, Justin Yu, and Hugo Ortega.
3. Meet the gifted chef showcasing authentic, home-grown Greek fare to Houston, plus hottest food news. Mary Cuclis spent 10 years at Pondicheri before launching Kriti Kitchen in West U. earlier this year.
4. Houston celebs show out in VIP sneak peek of Bun B's red-hot Trill Burgers first brick-and-mortar location. Andre Johnson, Slim Thug, and Gow Media's own Lance Zierlein got a first taste of the restaurant's signature OG Burger.
5. Houston's Masterchef champ Christine Ha opens new Spring Branch restaurant devoted to her favorite sandwiches. Unlike the chef's other two restaurants, Stuffed Belly doesn't serve Vietnamese food.