this week's hot headlines
Hot Heights bagel shop's stunning news leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Facebook’s favorite Houston bagel pop-up opens cafe and coffee shop in the Heights. Last weekend held the promise of a new bagel shop in the Heights.
2. Texas tree group issues dire warning to Houston owners of live oaks, white oaks, and more. Pruning an oak tree could be hazardous for its health.
3. Buzzy Heights bagel shop rebrands after founding baker’s surprise exit. Sadly, bagel maker Zac Wilson split with his partners who are moving forward without him.
4. Sizzling Tex-Mex staple opening expansive patio bar-restaurant in River Oaks. It's the latest Tex-Mex restaurant to open in the River Oaks/Upper Kirby area.
5. Beloved Houston bakery and home for sweet treats opens in The Woodlands. Old-Fashioned Diner Cakes and Billionaire Brownies have arrived in The Woodlands.