this week's hot headlines
Booming Houston burb's top U.S. rank for holiday spending leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Wealthy Houston suburb boasts the 10th biggest holiday spenders in U.S. Shoppers in the affluent Houston suburb are expected to spend $3,316 this festive season.
2. Retro Montrose pizzeria scores coveted spot on Esquire's Best New Restaurants in America list. The restaurant looks like a Gen X fantasy, but thankfully the pizza is up to today's standards.
3. Inside the new La Griglia: Murals are out, tableside touches are in, and more. "We took this restaurant a little more upscale," senior executive Brandon Busch explains.
4. Romantic River Oaks mansion boasting coveted neighborhood rarity lists for $11.5M. Inviting, yet secluded, rustic, but elegant, it offers everything a modern homebuyer needs.
5. Cozy neighborhood restaurant from Common Bond team opens doors on Heights' 11th Street. The diverse menu caters to a wide range of tastes.