This week's hot headlines
Red Light District-inspired Heights showstopper's spirited shake-up leads week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Red Light District-inspired Heights spot shakes things up with switch from coffee to craft cocktails. The showstopper of the space is its sprawling outdoor area that will host events.
2. Mind-bending new Houston museum shocks the senses with interactive, immersive illusions this summer. Three distinct experiences anchor the concept: illusion rooms, installations, and images.
3. Talented Houston chef opens first bakery serving exquisite, freshly baked croissants and pastries in Midtown. "A croissant is not supposed to be eaten the next day or baked at 3 am and enjoyed at 3 pm," chef Omar Pereney explains.
4. 20 exciting new Houston Restaurant Week options serve up global fare and lively entertainment. Let us help you decide where to eat during HRW.
5. Houston-born Trivago Guy chats with Ken Hoffman about his big return trip to TV. Since he’s back on TV, let’s see what our Houston acting buddy across the Atlantic has been up to.