This Week's Hot Headlines
Where to eat in Houston, luxe travel to Austin and new Alamo Drafthouse lead week's top stories
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Where to Eat Right Now: 12 new restaurants for December offer a lot of diverse choices. Check out food editor Eric Sandler's top spots for this month, including a new Vietnamese restaurant in Montrose and a promising Southern concept near Washington Avenue.
2. Luxury bus service launches Houston-Austin route and new downtown terminal. Get the details on Houston's new luxe travel option for those heading to Austin, perfect for business people and vacationers alike.
3. Massive Sugar Land development signs Alamo Drafthouse as first tenant. Find out more about the Houston-area's third Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, coming to Sugar Land's Imperial Market mixed-use development in 2017.
4. Recently opened River Oaks steakhouse shutters just as road construction nears end. One local steakhouse suddenly closes after seven months amid road construction on Westheimer.
5. First look at Bernadine's: New restaurant offers "love letter" to Gulf Coast culture and food. Get the inside scoop on Treadsack's latest opening, from the restaurant's inspiration to signature dishes and cocktails.